I decided to takeover mom’s blog for one day and describe my first 6 months on earth.
I was born on July 26 at 9.41am in a bright and noisy hospital room. It has been an enormous journey to learn how to live and adjust to my surroundings, and here are the highlights:
- The two people everywhere in my life are my mom and dad- the first people I saw and cuddled. First few weeks, they seemed oddly obsessed with a few details of my life: feeding, diapers, and sleep- discussing it at length, so weird right? Everything daddy says is funny so I save my best giggles for him. Mummy gives the best cuddles and loves to sing to me- I think her voice is improving!
- I have two sets of grandparents who have spent a lot of time giving me hugs and kisses. I love playing with them but sometimes they also try to put me to sleep.
- I really don’t like sleeping- everything around me is so bright and colorful, I don’t want to miss anything.
- My favorite thing to do is stare at all the lights- sunlight, bulbs, nightlight. Mummy buys all the toys and puts me on the mat but all I want to do is stare at the ceiling light.
- My favorite place in the house is my changing table- it has the star nightlight, and seeing it makes me so happy that I kick and play.
- I love swimming and being in the water- mummy has been taking me since I was 4 months old and it’s safe to say I will be a pro soon.
- Mummy and I have outings everyday, which I love. Children’s center, sound and light classes, swimming, Pilates, and meeting my baby friends.
- While I love to go out, the one thing I hate is getting ready. Whenever mummy starts putting me in a jacket, I get uncomfortable, sometimes I even cry.
- I play little tricks on mummy and daddy- when they tell their friends I don’t sleep, that day I sleep without any effort- it’s fun! 🙂
- I am friendly, I like staring at other babies and making friends.
- I smile a lot, although most of my smiles are in the comfort of my home.
- I have just started talking and my favorite words are “ta ta” and “va va”.
- Mummy is introducing new food to me and although I was skeptical at first, they seem tasty. My favorites so far are banana and butternut squash.
- I love to sit- I haven’t quiet figured out how to get from my back to sitting but once mummy or daddy make me sit, I love it!
- Tummy time used to be a pain but now I can escape it by rolling onto my back.
- I love rhymes- my favorite ones are 5 little ducks, you are my sunshine, and the good morning song.
I can’t wait to see what’s next- in the meanwhile, comment if you like my post :).. it will encourage me to post an update again!